Sunday, December 27, 2009

Welcome Home

Ahhh.
Writing again.
After five days of total chaos, things are quiet and relaxed around here today.
We're sitting cozy under a pile of big, fluffy snow with coffee, and new pajamas, and 4 solid hours of writing time this morning.

Wonderful!

We all survived Christmas, mostly. The electronic hamsters showed up in the UPS truck on Christmas Eve, none of the cookies burned, and the streets didn't get as icy as predicted. Cate Junior is in the living room, writing a thank you card to Santa and Mrs. Claus, Mr. Cate is back to work today, and I have a black kitty cat sitting on my lap, happy that we're home for the first time in days.

There is also the strong possibility that I will actually get through the current draft of my YA by the end of the month. (Yippee!!!)
It's looking good, folks. My deadline was January 31 for readers to start ripping it apart.

Which is why I have decided that 2010 is going to be the Year of the Agent for me. Last year was Finish a Book Year, and it happened. I even wrote an additional one, to boot. I think I'm getting somewhere with this writing thing. I had enough interest in my last novel, the MG which I plan on revisiting when the YA gets out the door.
There are goals, finally, and ones I'm hitting with regularity. There are many new book outlines in the laptop, and piles of notes on my desk. I have a lot of work to do, which makes me insanely happy.

So here's a little cheers to finish out the year, and get us all off with a bang in the next one.

4 comments:

MG Higgins said...

Good for you for completing your goals and setting new ones! I hope 2010 is an excellent year for you.

Kate said...

Well done on reaching your goal and best of luck with the next one! So 2011 will be the Year of Book Signings?

OneTonPotato said...

My house looks like a rapping papper gernade went off in it. You have to let me know how the Hampster went over with the little guy.

Lily Cate said...

MG- I hope so too, for all of us ;)

Kate- absolutely! (if I can get sold and printed that fast!)

Tates- Hamsters were a HUGE hit. He's building them houses, and carrying them around like babies. Also, they were renamed Marshmallow, Butter, and Mr. Brown.