Monday, January 11, 2010

Okay, Go

Alright, now I'm ready for Christmas. It's like this every year. It's such a rush from Halloween through New Years, with way, way too much going on and then the first two months of the new year are... nothin'.
Which is kind of nice, but just as everyone is packing up the ornaments and lights, I'm feeling like I'm finally in the tinsel and cocoa mood.
Oh well.
It's not like we don't have enough going on. In fact, here's a link to Mr. Cate's new project, which will probably take up most of our free time in '10. (note: writing time is not valid for transfer to "free time" hours)

I know the new year means a lot of new writing goals, besides all the resolutions to become Perfect within 12 months.
What were they for you? What is the plan for this 20-10 thing we have going now?

9 comments:

ann foxlee said...

ooh, isn't it fun to have husbands with interesting, arty projects?

I love that :-)

word ver: sprogyx ...spring projects? how appropriate...

Paul Michael Murphy said...

I have proposed to the family that we celebrate Christmas in mid-January to take advantage of the after Christmas sales.

Plus, January kind of sucks, so it would be something to look forward to.

Lily Cate said...

Yes, January does suck. February is way worse.
The upside is that there is nothing going on, so plenty of writing time.
The downside is too many wicked cold days with no real "outside" time for the kids. Which almost cancels out the afformentioned writing time.

Tina Lee said...

I'm following you because of what you said on PMM's blog so I popped right over and followed you up. As far as resolutions, I'm trying to keep them on the attainable side of things. You know, keep on keeping on.

Ocean Girl said...

Hi, I'm visiting from Murphblog and what a wonderful blog you have. Congratulations. You write and you paint, how awesome is that.

Nice to meet you Lily Cate.

Heather Kelly said...

Hi--I'm over from PMM's blog as well. And that bit about being ready for Christmas now--LOL--I feel the same way!

Lily Cate said...

Dang guys, now I feel like I owe Murphblog!
I'll have to invent some super special blog award for him.

Jonathon Arntson said...

So, I like your blog, I like your thoughts, and...I got here from MURPHBLOG too!

Jonathon Arntson said...

He's the official Literary Lily Liaison.