Thursday, April 8, 2010

Books of all kinds

You might have been there... so deep in revisions that every minute is problem solving. You're writing while you're driving. You're writing while you're working. You're writing while you're shopping, chopping onions, tilling the flowerbeds, getting dressed, cleaning the house, sending emails, paying the bills, washing the car... just... all the freaking time.
It was time to take a mental break. A little time where I kept the laptop/notepad at least 20 feet away, so I couldn't drop everything to write notes, or jot down a revision of some particularly stubborn sentence.

And to do that, I have to work on something else. Which happens to be books. Ha!
I love fabric. I love chopping it up and making new things. (like writing much??) So I chopped up some fabric and made some journals.



And then some bookmarks to go along.




The way to take a break from making books is sometimes to make more books.
:)






3 comments:

Tina Laurel Lee said...

Yay! That is a great kind of break. And I love the symmetry!

Theresa Milstein said...

Very cute "books".

I agree with you. When I'm writing, it's with me all of the time. If an idea strikes me and I can't write it down at that moment, I repeat it so I won't forget.

Mary Witzl said...

Those are great, and I love that rooster! (I'm not as crazy about the one that woke me up at 2:30 this morning.)