Friday, July 16, 2010

Into the Sunlight

I don't have a picture of myself up here, I know.
(I'm working on it. I just got bangs after years of not having bangs, and I haven't decided if I like them yet.)
Anonymous blogs can be a lot of fun, but I really like seeing the people behind the curtain. Especially writers, who so often are just the words they submit for public scrutiny. People never look like what I expect they might.

Well, I don't have a picture for you today, but you can listen to an interview I did with my husband about independent filmmaking.
It aired in April on WUWM, Milwaukee's Public Radio affiliate.

Check it out here, under Starts Friday.


Also, I'm joining the online conference world with WriteOnCon, which rolls out next month. I've never been to a live conference, so this should be interesting. There are a lot of great writers and publishy people onboard.

2 comments:

Susan Keyes said...

I've tried to NOT have bangs only once. I looked like an alien. (Having a heart-shaped face is a good thing only in a romance novel). Anyway, I'm sure you look fine. Bangs look good on any face shape (I think). You're just not used to it.

Tina Laurel Lee said...

I love the look around here. The green is very nice. And I totally get the whole difficulty of putting a face to what until now is faceless. I have been thinking about it a lot lately and trying to just let go of caring, but it does effect how people think of you. I'd love to see your bangs. I haven't gone the bang route but have been sorely tempted. And I have wondered what you look like before...

But mystery is nice too.