Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The New Templates are here!

Ooh, new decorations!
I'm going to have to try a few of these out.
Why? Because it's New Manuscript Day! Huzzah!

That's right. Today I started with a brand new Chapter One Page One. Otherwise know as "The Hardest Part of the Book to Write".
Not on the first draft, neccessarily, but in revisions, for sure.
That first page has to be perfection. Not just the first page, but the first paragraph, the first sentence... the first word. Give the reader any excuse to close the cover on you and they'll do it. I know I have. There are just to many wonderful books, too much brilliant writing out there, to spend time on something I don't enjoy. Not just enjoy, but love.
I get it, you agenty types. I know what you want. Perfection.
Well, I'm trying, damnit!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I am so jealous of the time you have to write...

I'm glad you're taking advantage of it!! Any word on the one that you sent me yet? Any hits on agents??

Lily Cate said...

Maybe... ;)

Heidi said...

Girl!!! You can't leave ME in the dark! What'd I ever do to you???

Craft night. Comin' up. I feel it.

Lily Cate said...

Yes!
I'll come over to your place, cause, well, yanno...