Saturday, August 21, 2010

cool things

Forgive me, guys. I'm still a little tired from staying up till 3 to read Carrie Ryan's The Forest of Hands and Teeth cover to cover. I had to. It was one of those perfectly paced stories, where so much has happened in the first 10 pages that I was thinking "There's so much book still in my hand, what else could possibly happen?"
And then all of a sudden, four hours later, I was sitting there with only 10 pages left, thinking, "How can this possibly get wrapped up with only 10 pages left? What else could possibly happen?!?"


In other great things news, I love this blog A New Dress A Day.
I love this idea. It's inspiring, without adding that sigh of "oh yeah, I'd love to do something like that... someday..." It's something I can do right now! Plus, I hate, hate, hate clothes shopping, and I love making things.
Although Marisa is absolutely adorable and looks to be about a size 2. She can pull off a few looks I wouldn't dare. Like the spaghetti straps, or strapless altogether. Uh, not quite for me.
Lots of her creations end up with that funky/vintage look of ModCloth dresses, which I love, and don't wear enough.
I must wear more dresses! Not just hippie skirts and maxi sundresses, either. Real dresses!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I have been following that blog for months. I love it. That chick rocks. It is so doable.

Lily Cate said...

especially for us, cause we can rock the sewing machine.

Anita said...

I liked FOREST, but I didn't love love love it. But then, months after reading it, I still remember so much about it...the mark of a very good book, I think.

adrienne said...

That looks like a fun blog. I have a few things in my closet I've been meaning to attack with some scissors and thread...or paint or something...

Mary Witzl said...

I've got a closet full of dresses I never wear anymore. In theory, I love pretty dresses and cute clothes. I'll never get rid of my dresses because I think to myself that if I can't wear them, maybe one of my daughters will some day. But in practice, I fear I'm largely finished with the whole dressing thing. Unless my kids tart me up, I tend to go for jeans and fleeces every single day, and I absolutely REVEL in this.

I've got to read The Forest of Hands and Teeth. It's not just all the great reviews it's gotten, it's that title.