Friday, December 31, 2010

2010


Kisses! Hugs! A fond farewell!

So 2010 is over. It was a pretty darn good year, I must say. For us anyway. Hope the joy and semi prosperity extends to you and yours as well.
I'm not a big fan of resolutions, as they are so often about things we're going to try not to do.
I'm more of a goal setter for the new year. At least, I like to set up a target to aim for.
Here's my select few for 20ELEVEN!!
Work on my three WIPs. Get each one to the next stage of development. I'm not going to use that f-word (finished!)
Work on my portfolio. I haven't painted in some time, and my brain can feel the effects.
Finish the house projects. Seriously. The spare bathroom has been in a state of suspended animation since we moved in. Time to finish the trim and painting and actually break that bad boy in.
Take a family trip.
A small one. We managed to get away in '09, but this year, with all the weddin's and family reunions, we didn't really have a chance to get away, just me, Mr. Cate and the little guy.
I think that's enough. If I get through all those, I'll add something new.
Before I know it, I'll be typing my farewell to 2011

3 comments:

Tina Laurel Lee said...

I like this. The whole avoidance of the f-word I totally get. And house projects, I got those like crazy. And I need to make things. Words are great and all but when am I gonna finally cut up all those sweaters I have been boiling down to mini-sweaters. I want to make them into slippers. Farewell, twenty-10. Hello, twenty-11!

Catherine A. Winn said...

Love the picture you posted and the sentiments. I've got so much I should do and even more I want to do. Good luck!

adrienne said...

Good luck with your goals. BTW, great trailer for DOVE - I just watched it and even my dog started growling 'cause she was so spooked!