Friday, January 14, 2011

"Well, it's not broken..."

So, 15 days in, and so far I have spent all of 2011 either sick or injured.
Yay!
Wait, no. BOO!
I said I would post a picture of myself a while ago, and here it is:


Ta - Da!
That, kids, is what you look like when Ski Patrol has to haul you off the mountain in a leg splint, because you turned left, but your right leg refused to participate.
So, I spent the last few days on the couch, trapped under a sleeping cat, with various frozen vegetables wrapped around my ankle.
On the plus side, today I made serious progress on chapters 1-3, and I started walking without crutches.
Viva La 2011!!

3 comments:

Catherine A. Winn said...

Well, as awful as this experience has been for you, what a great scene for an adventure, mystery, or romance novel! Seriously, hope you get well soon.

Tina Laurel Lee said...

Oh, my! Sorry to hear that. You seem to have a good attitude though! And like that progress on chaps 1-3!

Lily Cate said...

Well, if you're going to ski, you're going to fall, and if you're going to write for publication, you're going to get rejected.
The important thing is that you get back up again.