Monday, August 8, 2011

Sprucing up the ol' Blog

I've noticed that there are a lot of bloggers out there who can stick with one look for years and years. They also seem to post regularly.

I am not one of those people. It's all new project, new template for me! So in honor of sending my last manuscript out into the query world, and turning attention to a brand new kid, I've redecorated. This design fits the feel of the new book quite nicely. Cute, fresh and fun.And outdoorsy.

I like to write a lot of outdoor scenes, probably because when I was a kid, forests all seemed so magical, and they each had their own personalities. Pine forests were dark and slightly sinister, oak forests were stately and wise. Beech forests were the home of mischievous fairy tale hermits and wizards, and the mossy/ferny forests of the Pacific Northwest and the Smoky Mountains were of course crawling with fairies and goblins. I like my setting to have personalities just as much as my characters. So here we are in the forest, the place my new MC fears above all others. Like, she'd rather be in a dark, moldy basement full of weird noises than out in the forest. So... I'm sending her out there. Mean, mean author.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Mean, mean author! ;)

A breath of fresh air comes with a new template and a new story. I like it! Happy writings!

Anita said...

I'm guilty of keeping the same look for years and years. Jonathon finally got sick of my middle grade blog and created a new banner for me...this is like having a friend throw out your old clothes (I've had this happen, too). Anyway, I'll come back often to look at your re-dos. :)