Thursday, April 26, 2012

V is for Vonnegut

There is perhaps no modern writer more quotable than Kurt Vonnegut.
(and I'm including Hunter S. Thompson in that group, people)
Really, grab any Vonnegut book off the shelf, turn to a random page, plant your finger on a page, and you hit a quotable sentence. And the rest of the book around it will be pretty dang good, too. Some of my favorites -


- Nothing in this book is true. 


- Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.


- I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.


- I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, "If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."


- A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.



And a whole bunch more for you, if you have the time and inclination, from Goodreads, and The AV Club


For more on Kurt Vonnegut, go read his books
There are many of them, and I have enjoyed them all. So it goes. 





1 comment:

Jaye Robin Brown said...

I really love and need that last one today. :0)