Monday, April 30, 2012

Z is for Zorro

Okay, so I'll admit I winged it for a few of these. I tried to have a nicely put together list for the whole project before I got started, but a few of these entries eluded me until I sat down in the chair and said, "Well, you have to put down something."
But not for this one. I always knew what the last post would be.
Without a flash, he's a blob. With flash - spooky eyes.
My best writing buddy, Mr. Zorro.
We've had him for 8 years now, just a few months longer than our son. ;)

And he has been the absolute Most Perfect Cat all this time. He's soft and cuddly and super friendly to all who are nice enough to visit him. He truly loves everyone, and believes they only come to the house to pet him, and let him sit on their laps. And he's the very best writer's cat, as well, capable of sleeping on or near me for hours at a time, in an heroic effort to make sure I am not lonely for one single second while I'm typing away on the laptop.

The only problem with my boy is that he's rather hard to photograph. Being inky black and all, he doesn't look like much with his head down and his eyes closed, and if his eyes are open, and he sees you looking at him, well, he's not going to stay far enough away to snap a photo. But I keep trying. I've gotten a scant few cute shots over the years.

Attempt to fix the spooky eye problem in 'Shop.
Mildly successful.

And one more of Lola, because she's pretty darn cute as well.
So that's it. Congrats to everyone who made it to the end! Will I do it again next year? Absolutely. Unless I am on my super-famous-author-worldwide-book-tour. Then I'll have some intern do it for me.


6 comments:

Jaye Robin Brown said...

Maybe we'll be touring together! Not sure I'll be back for next year. Unless I think of a fabulous theme.

It's been fun reading your posts.

Lily Cate said...

Well, that tour will have to start - or end - in Appalachia, of course!

Mikazuki said...

Your cat is adorable. That fur looks like it would be soft to pet!

Heidi said...

Congrats on accomplishing your goal of daily postings!

And might I add, you've got some darn cute writing buddies. ;)

Lily Cate said...

Thanks ladies!
And I know -super cute. And that last photo isn't even instagram. I did that on accident.

Lily Cate said...

Oh, and I had no theme either, just... books!