Saturday, May 26, 2012

Eeerrrr....

So my Book A Day project has become a bit curtailed by the actual writing of books...yeah.
Over the winter I drafted a brand new manuscript, and for the past few weeks, I have been a revision machine, taking every spare minute I can to get this thing clipped and pressed and polished and ironed, and it's working, I'm making a lot of manuscript progress, but - as usual - at the expense of my little blog.
That's alright, I suppose. I've used this blog mainly to find other writers of middle grade and young adulty type books, and those are the kinds of wonderful peeps who understand when one disappears for weeks or months at a stretch, when the manuscript starts to work.

Something I've found especially helpful lately -
 C.J Omololu's post on How to Write A Book details the nine point plot map, which I found useful even though I'm in the revising stage. I added at what chapter or page number certain events took place, which helped a lot with pacing.
And now I'm in the clean up phase, that process that can just stretch into forever if you let it.
So I won't. I've given myself some deadlines, which I always find helpful, even if they are observed casually rather than devoutly.

How about you? What are you working on this fine morning/afternoon/evening?

2 comments:

Jaye Robin Brown said...

I'm revising a YA novel and have about 170 pages to go. I'd hoped to be done with the first pass revision by June 13th but that's really quick - but I'm going to push and see if I can do it.

I love that nine point plot map.

Lily Cate said...

You can do it!
My goal is still to finish this rewrite by June 1.
I have a lot of time off before then!