Monday, May 7, 2012

A to Z... Reflections of a First Timer

This is the day to post our synopsis of the A to Z Challenge, so here I go.

To start, it was fun. I nearly doubled my followers, and I met a lot (LOT) of fantastic bloggers I probably never would have run into otherwise!
On the downside, there were so, so, so many participants, that just trying to get to a tenth of them was a real challenge! Of course I've spent plenty of time visiting everyone who stopped by to visit me, or left a lovely comment, but as far as just taking a stroll through the list of participants - whoa.
My #1 suggestion for future A-Zs would be to have the list arranged by theme, or category somehow. I had a lot of fun dropping in on blogs of all sorts, but I would have loved to make it to all the writers/authors/artists blogs especially, and there is just no way I can make it to 1700 blogs in the next year, let alone a single month.

In summary, it was fun, it certainly was a challenge, I learned a lot - for instance, Ursula K. Le Guin once had a cat named Zorro, too - I met some fine blogging folks, and I will certainly be back next year!

Until then, I leave you with an apt visual interpretation of writing a novel - a steamboat being carried over a mountain, from Werner Herzog's Fitzcarraldo


3 comments:

Margaret Almon said...

I love the idea of listing blogs by theme--as much as I enjoyed picking random people, I'd also like some clues about what people write about.

EvalinaMaria said...

Congratulations on finishing the challenge and sharing your reflections. I'm following you now and hopefully, next year, we will do it again!

amydot90 said...

Yea I agree! Listing blogs by theme would be a good idea! I read alot of blogs that werent of interest to me, and probably missed out on some really good ones. I hope to see you next time! Please visit my blog too!

Amy
amydot90.wordpress.com
@AmyRichardson7