Thursday, August 23, 2012

It's Not Really Over... But We All Know It's Over

My calendar says that September 22nd is the first official day of Autumn. But "summer" as we know it, is over after Labor Day weekend, and even earlier for some.

 Like now.

For me, the next week and a half before school starts for the sprout (and me!) has become an official Big 'ol Mess. Too many commitments that have ballooned into obligations, not nearly enough writing time, hardly a second to worry about the blog. Thankfully, looking ahead into my favorite time of the year, I have a lot more to look forward to than just the colder weather, the changing leaves, and all the pumpkiny goodness.

 I'm going back to school, as a student, which is something I love and have missed since I graduated XXX years ago ;)

I have plenty of manuscripts to rewrite, revise, draft and/or polish, and plenty of subs out there waiting for responses. I've had quite a crazy journey on this "I'm going to write a book" adventure, and I hope very soon to be able to write a nice long hilarious post about it all.

I have Plans, which are a great thing to laugh at, or wave at as they pass you by, but I'm so bad at coming up with Plans, that I have to  be a little bit proud of myself for even getting them in order.

This summer, like most of them, went by too fast, too hot in the beginning, and too busy at the end. Here's to a slower, gentler, more delightful fall. What are you up to?


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Your Plans are very exciting. I also have been out of school for xxx years and wonder what going back would be like. Best of luck to you!

Heidi said...

Back to school? How very thrilling! What for?