Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ah Ha!

A version of NaNo for me!
As I am the Perpetual Reviser, who has way too many manuscripts piled up on the ol' chicken to even think about starting another one, I have always opted out of NaNo officially. But this year, I've found the magical Na No REVI Mo. Wheee!




So, what am I going to Revi for this Mo? A lovely little ghost story that is in a late draft and still needs some nipping, tucking and polishing. 52k total to polish and perfect by the end of the month. And I'm already about 4k in, so it's really more like 48/52k to work on before December. ONwords and UPwords!



Just to make this interesting, with each update post, I shall have to include a Lily Cate approved Writing Tip or two. So for today -
 Get some comfy slippers, it's too distracting to write with cold toes.
The Mint Condition from Caribou Coffee is the best barely-still-coffee drink evah. Live near a Caribou.
If you like music while you write, I suggest creating a Submarines station on Pandora. AWEsome.


2 comments:

Jenny said...

What a great idea! I'm always revising something, so this is much more my speed than NaNoWriMo. I'll have to keep it in mind.

I can't do anything when my feet are cold.

Alice said...

I need to get motivated to revise too! Nanorevmo sounds like a great idea! Is it just something you're doing yourself, or is there an online community for it?