Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 12 - Progress on all Fronts

So far, so good!
This NaNo beast seems to be tamable!
I've made it to the 19k point, right about the place that the Big Lag happens, when it's time to launch into the swamp that is The Middle.... But that's the fun of NaNo - just write through it!

In other news, Mr. and Jr. and I got around to having an official family portrait taken over the weekend, Mr. Cate started editing his section of an anthology film he's been working on since spring, and Cate Jr. has decided he would like to pursue a career in astrophysics. He's eight, so we'll see how long he runs with that one. I could be paying for a lot of college.
Maybe he'll swing back to  the career he picked last month, "Lego designer". Then again, I went to and Art and Design school, so that could be a lot of college, too.

To all the NaNoer's out there, good luck! Now is the time to keep pressing forward. We're nearly halfway through this. The end is in sight, with a brand new (possibly slightly terrible but that's what revisions are for) manuscript!



3 comments:

Anna Staniszewski said...

I wasn't able to do NaNo this year, but I'm cheering all of you guys on. Keep rocking it! :-)

Mirka Breen said...

My Big Bow is off to the November Braves!

Lily Cate said...

We're halfway there! Thanks for the cheers :)