Monday, December 3, 2012

Hey, A Blog Hop!

I like these. They are fun, and I've discovered, a great way to find more writerly bloggers like myself. 
This one seems pretty simple - answer some questions, meet some new peeps. 
Here's the officals on this particular project And You Are...?
And here's my contribution :)

1. How many speeding tickets have you gotten?

None, actually. Though I get pulled over for things like having lights out I didn't even know were on my car (the one over the license plate??) or my plates on wrong. Yup.
2. Can you pitch a tent?


Heck yeah! And not just the nice new nylon ones with the springy poles and everything connected with elastic. I can build one of those old school square canvas deals with the huge aluminum poles. 


3. What was your worst vacation ever?



 There's no such thing as a bad vacation! 


4. What was the last thing you bought over $100?


Legos. My best advice for new parents - buy stock in Legos. Seriously. Just put that on the baby shower registry, and get it out of the way. You will soon live in a bucket of Legos that you will pretend is a house, and not just a fancy container for  ever more Legos. 


5. We're handing you the keys to what?


Oooh.... hm.....A cabin in the desert, where I can take a little writing retreat. 


6. What was the last meal you cooked that made even you sick?


Chicken. :P


7. Fill in the blank: Oh my gosh! Becky, look at her butt! It is so big. She looks like  ____?


One of those rap guys girlfriends. (Who else remembered the dancing fruit right away?)


8. What was your first car?


An 82 Celica with 200,000 miles on it and no working gas gauge. Best car ever. 


9. Your best friend falls and gets hurt. Do you ask if he/she's okay or laugh first?


Ask, then laugh. If it was just fall and no hurt, laugh then ask. 

10. What's the worst song ever?


 Whatever is currently on Clearchannel's 100 times an hour rotation. You know, the song that is on four stations simultaneously, so even if it was decent enough to begin with, you are now so sick of it you can't even turn on the radio in the car for fear of hearing it? So call me maybe? 

14 comments:

Azara said...

Agh! I HATE that song! I didn't even like it in the first place and having to be subjected to it 20 times an hour didn't help. I'd actually blocked it from my mind and now I want to change my answer to this question.

Visiting from the hop.

Anita said...

I'm almost always too lazy to partcipate, but I love reading answers to these things. Fun getting to know you better!

Emily R. King said...

I agree about the LEGO's. I swear, I've spent more on them this Christmas than all other gifts combined.

Thanks for joining in on the fun!

T. Drecker said...

After reading about those tent poles, I keep hearing a clank-clank-clank in the back of my mind...
Fun answers!

S.P. Bowers said...

LOL on the legos! So true!

Joyce Lansky said...

Thanks for letting us get to know you. It takes a lot of repetition for me to get sick of a song. Just listening to the radio to and from work keeps the music fresh.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

Kelley Lynn said...

Usually I start hating a song after it's played over and over again, but I still don't hate Call Me Maybe... not sure why haha

Tammy Theriault said...

stop with the bad play me over and over songs!! NOOOOO :D

Shannon Lawrence said...

I tell you what, between that song being played all the time and all the jokes/memes based on it, I'm done with it.

Shannon at The Warrior Muse

Lily Cate said...

It's not a completely terrible song, it's just that I can't escape it!! It's alive, and taking over the earth!

Also, hi everyone! Nice to see new people! It means this blog hop is working;)

Morgan said...

So call me maybe! Gaaaah... now that song is stuck in my head...

Tyrean Martinson said...

So call me maybe? LOL, what about Never, ever, ever getting back together - I thought I was being haunted by that song a few weeks ago. It was everywhere.

Love the legos answer! Legos are the universal toy for kids . . .everyone can play with them, and you always need to buy a few more because something gets lost. Where did those wheels go?

Lily Cate said...

And the Legos got even sneakier since I was a kid - all the specialized little parts!

Powdered Toast Man said...

Why would you want a cabin in the desert? That would be soooo hot.