Saturday, May 25, 2013

Color Run!

Well, I made it!
It was a little bit cloudy, and a little bit crazy, but the weather was great, and the colors were flying!

The crew at the start. I'm the one on the far left, in the awesome socks.

Me and Mr. Cate, at the starting line


Game face 

And even though he was too shy to pose with the Runicorn, I got a pic anyway :D
At the starting line


Start of the race!

First color station - Pink! 

 



Then orange!
(Then yellow and blue, which were like fog)
Halfway there
(Jen and Lauren)

The end result - Sis in law Jen and me, after a sprint at the finish 

Mr. Cate, finished in 21:14

We did it in just about 30 minutes.
(Me, Jen, Lauren, Kristi)


And then - a toast to celebrate. It was still early enough for Bloody Marys
(Ben, Me, Lauren, Tynia)

And that was my very first 5K. If you ever have a chance to try this, I totally recommend it - but you need a good crew! Mine was the best :)

6 comments:

Leandra Wallace said...

I had no idea what a color run was until now- so cool! But did the 'paint...?' not get in your eyes and mouth and stuff?

Mirka Breen said...

Not only the outfits and scene, but the runners too are so c-u-t-e!

KatieC said...

What fun! My sister did the one in Nashville in March.

Lily Cate said...

The paint is dyed cornstarch, and yes, it gets EVERYWHERE. Sunglasses help, and also lots of spitting on the way out of each cloud!

I would love to do this again, in a bigger city. Or perhaps the Electric Run, that's coming up later this summer!

Amie Borst said...

looks like so much fun!

Jaye Robin Brown said...

Fun pics! Color runs seem to be moving round the country these days!