Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What's Up Wednesday

Sooo, I just found this awesome weekly meme called "What's Up Wednesday", run by Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk, that gives readers and writers a great venue to keep in touch through the magical world of blogs.

And I want to play!

What I'm Reading :

Wildwood. I started this one a while ago, and never finished it. Time to find out what happens to Prue!

What I'm Writing : 

Revising a middle grade first draft from last fall. Just started from page one again yesterday. It's going to be a big project.

What's Inspiring Me Right Now :

The Hubble Space Telescope! Really, it's just beyond fascinating, what is really out there in the big mysterious vastness of space. Want to see the awesome? Check this out. 

What Else I've Been Up To :

Pillows! Really, I love crafting, quilting, painting, and generally building or making things. It's fun, and challenging, and is a great refresher when I've been down in the manuscript cave for waaaay to long. Here's a few of my favorites.

A tree slice

A lemon slice

A trio of monsters

And a squishy watermelon

And that was my first What's Up Wednesday!
That was fun :)

6 comments:

Kelly Loy Gilbert said...

Oh my goodness, those pillows!! It's funny, pillows aren't something I ever really consciously think about, but whenever someone calls my attention to them I feel like I need to fill my house with them because the possibilities are so amazing. I LOVE the lemon one!

Jaime Morrow said...

Those pillows are fantastic! I can't decide which one I like the best. :-) And I agree, the Hubble Space Telescope is pretty darn great. Space scares me, but it also fascinates me. I could stare at pictures of nebulas and stars for ages.

Erin L. Funk said...

Those shots from the Hubble telescope are phenomenal! I can totally see why you'd find them inspiring. And those pillows are so cool! I especially love the monster ones. Sounds like a great way to take a break from writing. :)

alexabarry.com said...

Brilliant pillows, my son would love the moster ones and I think the lemon one is fabulous, just right for summer :)

Space is really awe-inspiring and those images are amazing.

Leandra Wallace said...

Ditto on the pillow love- you're very talented!

Krispy said...

Oh my goodness, I adore your pillows! Do you sell these because you totally could! :)

And I totally agree with you. Doing other creative things can be so refreshing and helpful for avoiding writing burn-out!