Thursday, July 25, 2013

What's Up Wednesday



The Late Edition. Again.

*"What's Up Wednesday" is run by Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk, and is an awesome weekly bloghop that gives readers and writers a great venue to keep in touch through the magical world of blogs. Come hop with us!*



I'm running a day behind again, I see. Again, apologies. I've actually been writing! 
So now it's time for some hoppin' fun. 





What I'm Reading 

Still working on Born to Run. This weekend is going to include a run to the bookstore, so I'm excited to hop around and see what everyone else has been reading. I need some good suggestions on what to pick up for next week! 

What I'm Writing 

Good news here! I spent too much time this summer waffling between two little manuscripts that are equally dear to my heart. But my lovely agent steered me in direction of one in particular. So, Ghost Story* it is! I'm going to spend the next few weeks of summer buckling down and finishing a solid, readable draft of this one. 

 *not the actual title. Just what it will be referred to henceforth, as I always find it amusing when a writer can't come up with a good title. Also, I'm sooo bad at titles.

What Inspires Me Right Now

Writing! 
I've been at this craft for a while now. Since first grade, if you want to get technical. But I've been writing with a major goal - publication - for over ten years now, and really focusing on my work since I moved to my little cottage and started submitting to agents almost four years ago. I've learned a lot from this process, about having courage, and conviction in your self, and your talents. Standing by your work with both pride and humility. It's a bit of a paradox to be a writer, and at the same time hold enough confidence in your work to put it out in the world, and also remain humble enough to recognize the weaknesses in your work, and always strive to improve. Lately, I've been trying to take those lessons learned from one area of my life and apply it to others. There are a few major changes I would like to see, and I had a moment of realizing that I will have to make them happen. They aren't just going to happen to me. And I'm in luck, because being on this journey as a writer has really prepared me to be brave and try new things in the regular world, too.

What Else I'm Up To 

Making things! 
I love designing and crafting. Loooove them. The more I challenge myself to create things, the more I develop as a writer. My artistic mind, however, always thinks I can find a use for things, and so I have acquired quite a pile of Potential Cool Stuff Supplies. Lately, I've been digging through my mountains of acquired nonsense, and actually Making Things. 
I made so many things, that I decided to revamp my old Etsy shop, and get that running again. 
It is both a heck of a lot of fun, and a great excuse to Keep Making Things. 
Here are some of the Things I've Made lately. 

Lemon and Orange


Moon Jelly 


Golden Pear


Seriously. Messing around with a sewing machine and a pile of fleece is super fun. I usually get bored with most things, besides writing, but sewing is another thing I've been doing since I was a little kid, and it just never gets old! 

How's your week going? Made any Big Decisions? Small ones? Spent any time doing something Just For Fun? 




1 comment:

Cathrina Constantine said...

Everyone loves a Ghost Story,Lindsey.
And crafty things are great fun!