Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What's Up Wednesday - Big News Edition!




*"What's Up Wednesday" is run by Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk, and is an awesome weekly bloghop that gives readers and writers a great venue to keep in touch through the magical world of blogs. Come hop with us!*






Fun stuff is going on over here! 
But first, the pleasantries. 

What I'm Reading 

Tell the Wolves I'm Home  by Carol Rifka Brunt 

Just started this one, and so far, its an engaging read, that seems to be leading very heavily in one direction, so we'll see if there are any surprises coming up. 

What I'm Writing 

Still working on my middle grade ghost story. Solidly in the revision stage, where I can no longer see my progress in a growing word count, but now I get to do the deep digging and meticulous cutting and piecing that make a book out of a first draft. 

What Inspires Me Right Now 

My little son, of course! He's in third grade this year. It's a big step up in responsibility and accountability, with real homework and everything. So far we're only in week three, but he's been admirably vigilant about keeping all his papers in order, getting his work done, and even getting to the bus on time in the morning all on his own (I have no idea where that kid gets it from)

What Else I'm Up To

Well.... As of this week, for the very first time, I have an agented novel out on submission. Coming soon, the essential How I Got My Agent tale! For now, I'm off to hop around and visit the rest of the Wednesdayers.

Happy Writing!

4 comments:

Leandra Wallace said...

Congrats on being on submission! Hope it goes super fast and ends in a super happy dance fest. =)

Colin Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colin Smith said...

I'm in the same revision boat as you, Lindsey--slowly chopping, changing, picking through to craft the story into the novel I want it to be.

All the best with submissions. How exciting!! :D

Jaye Robin Brown said...

Welcome to the crazies of being on submission! Hope you don't suffer for long!