Wednesday, January 22, 2014

*"What's Up Wednesday" is run by Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk, and is an awesome weekly bloghop that gives readers and writers a great venue to keep in touch through the magical world of blogs. Come hop with us!*






Yay 2014!!  

What I'm Reading 

Not a dang thing. Tomorrow is going to be bookstore day, whether I make it there in person, or the horrible weather makes me order something. I have a terrible craving for a really good read right now. 

What I'm Writing 

Still plugging away on my MG ghost story. I spent some time really contemplating the whole design of the story, and who all my characters really are, which resulted in a pretty big shift for a few of them, and some heavy edits to the first few chapters. 

What Inspires Me Right Now 

Independence. Over the last few months, I've taken on roles and challenges that I never thought I could handle before, and surprise surprise, I'm doing just fine! I'm finding a new confidence in my work that is allowing me the space to work at my own pace without pressuring myself with unnecessary and arbitrary deadlines. In other words, I'm enjoying the process.

What Else I'm Up To

Settling into the new year. Setting some goals while trying not to have my whole dang year booked solid before we even reach Valentine's Day. This is the year of taking things as they come, and trying to be more accepting and spontaneous. Or at least trying!

Happy '14, Wednesdayers!

5 comments:

Miss Cole said...

Hope you can get to the bookstore soon :D And I hope the writing goes well this week, too :D

Cameron Von St James said...

Hi Lindsey! Pleasure to come across your blog today. I had a quick question and I was wondering if you'd be willing to email me. Thank you so much, I hope you have an awesome Thursday!

kelworthfiles said...

Yay for independence, and hope your bookstore day went well. I've been organizing some of the things I want to read that I haven't already bought, and figuring which of them are available (and in which format) at the local library. ;)

Erin L. Funk said...

I hope you find that really good read you're looking for. I've lucked out and had a few of those lately from my TBR pile.

I love what you said about trying to be more accepting and spontaneous. Those are both things I need to strive for as well this year.

I'm very slow commenting on WUW this time, but I'll wish you lots of luck in the writing department this week anyhow!

E.Maree said...

Rock on with the new roles and challenges! It sounds like 2014 is off to a good start for you. :)