Wednesday, February 12, 2014

*"What's Up Wednesday" is run by Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk, and is an awesome weekly bloghop that gives readers and writers a great venue to keep in touch through the magical world of blogs. Come hop with us!*






Whew! Just made it. 

What I'm Reading 

Still in short fiction mode. There has been very little time for actual reading this week, so I still have a few entries from Smoke and Mirrors to enjoy.  

What I'm Writing 

I went back to my ghost story, and worked out a major issue I've had with the first few chapters. This one is spooling off sloooooooowly, but it's getting there. I also did some plotting on a new mg adventure story :D 

What Inspires Me Right Now 

Ugh. Inspiration is in short supply. It's been a rather stressful first half of February, buried under snow, family issues (everyone's alright! There was just a lot of extra attention needed around the house and extended family recently) work stuff... I would seriously love a few warm days out of the house right now. So I suppose... spring is coming? No matter how long it takes, it WILL happen one day! There is hope! 

What Else I'm Up To
It seems like I may have editor notes on my middle grade novel, which is currently out on submission. Yay! I get to spend some time with some of my favorite fictional characters once again! 
Also, in hope of seeing the ice actually melt outside, I've been making birds from all the little scraps of fabric I have accumulated over this long winter. Because one day, the birds will return! 
A chicken for your thoughts? 

What is up with you, my fellow hoppers??

2 comments:

Colin Smith said...

Yes, spring has to be on the way soon. I never thought I'd say this but, enough with the snow, already!

You may not feel the inspiration now, but I'm sure there are some stories to come out of the stress and trials of this arctic blast. In the meantime, it sounds like you've got some fun projects to work on.

Have a great week, Lindsey!

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Good luck to you and your writing.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.