Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What's Up Wednesday!

*"What's Up Wednesday" is run by Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk, and is an awesome weekly bloghop that gives readers and writers a great venue to keep in touch through the magical world of blogs. Come hop with us!*






I missed a week. I blame the cold. It's two days away from being a record setting cold winter here. My yard and driveway look like a freezer in need of defrosting. And there are still 6 blankets on my bed. At least it's good snuggling weather. On to the festivities!  

What I'm Reading 

I picked up Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan last week during my bookstore outing with son. He picked out a Lego movie book, and his first choose your own adventure, Plants Vs. Zombies edition. My boy is a great reader, but he's not exactly into the same kinds of books that I am. He loves non-fiction, fact books, anything with characters he already knows from out in the world. Just like his dad, and my brother. Which is perfectly fine, but my book glows in the dark. Ha! 

What I'm Writing 

Well, I got my very first editorial revision notes, so I'm back working on my MG adventure manuscript. I can't say I did any serious writing this week. It's been more outlining and problem solving and good point considering. Which is most of what writing is anyway. 

What Inspires Me Right Now 

Possibilities! The goal of publishing is, I believe, something most of us share (those of us on this blog hop, anyway :) And I'm not quite there yet, and that has a certain appeal right now. Going over these editor notes, I saw all kinds of possibilities for my manuscript, and my characters, and their story. Possibilities that can still become part of the story, because it isn't finished yet. Publication is a dream, but it comes with the only real ending for a written work. The definitive and elusive "Finished." In manuscript form, all possible outcomes are still available to me as a writer. It's like Schrodinger's Manuscript, if you will. 

What Else I'm Up To

A little tiny bit of running. It's been waaay to cold to be out for very long. Last year at this time I was getting out at least 4 days a week, because we had plenty of days in the 30s. This year, that temperature has been half that, most days. Listen, I'm a fan of winter, but this is getting ridiculous, even for me. 
So, I made more birds. Nice, bright, cheerful birds. 






Oh, and I found out that my husband had never seen Pretty in Pink or The Lost Boys. (!!) I mean, he's a film maker for cryin' out loud! So, we had to watch those films, stat. And then we need to get around to watching anything that's been nominated for an Oscar this year, because I've seen exactly none of the big hitters for this year. But we did see the Lego Movie... twice.* 









* Totally worth it. Super fun time, even the second time around. I promise. 

6 comments:

Jaime Morrow said...

Love the little birds! So bright and cheery. :-) I read Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore a few months ago for a book club I'm part of. I think it was probably one of the best ones we've read so far. Good luck with your edits!

Miss Cole said...

What cute little birds! I love them, aaaaaw!

Here's hoping winter releases you all soon :) Have a great and hopefully warmer week!

Ghenet Myrthil said...

Those birds are so cute! I'm getting tired of winter, too. Spring can't come soon enough!

Kate said...

I love those birds! What a great idea to cheer up a dark corner!

Ronald L. Smith said...

Sounds like you're in the right head space for revisions. I'm waiting for mine from my editor now. Looking forward to it but also a little freaked out!

Never seen the Lost Boys! Blasphemy!

Lily Cate said...

Good news, husband's finally seen the Lost Boys. Whew.
Bad news, this was the fastest week ever! Ah!