Wednesday, March 26, 2014

*"What's Up Wednesday" is run by Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk, and is an awesome weekly bloghop that gives readers and writers a great venue to keep in touch through the magical world of blogs. Come hop with us!*






Good gracious, I almost missed it again! Wednesdays seem to arrive two and three per week, for me ;) 

What I'm Reading 

I'm currently reading Fablehaven, by Brandon Mull in bits and pieces, as I revise my own work. It's spring break week for my little son, so we may have to fit a bookstore trip in tomorrow or Friday, while it's still a treat to be out in the real world on a weekday.  


What I'm Writing 

Still revising the MG. I made a pass over chapters 4-7, but they're going to need a bit more tinkering. This is the stage of writing that I can only compare to those competitive pastry competitions - the structure is there, and all that's left is the finishing touches, but one wrong move can still send the whole thing crashing down. At least I have the undo button in my corner. 


What Inspires Me Right Now 

I have to admit, I'm running short on inspiration this week. I've been very work focused these past few weeks, holed up in the writing cave, and I'm enjoying it, but there's little else besides writing and working. This is a bad habit, but what can I do? I love writing. I never feel as accomplished as I do on days when I get some good writing time in.   


What Else I'm Up To

Waiting for the world to thaw. Usually we'd be out in the garden by now, but instead, there was more snow this week. I don't even know what to do with that anymore. Here's hoping the rest of you hoppers have something more exciting going on this week! 

2 comments:

Jaime Morrow said...

More snow here too. It just never ends, does it? I really hope spring rolls in soon.

I know what you mean about feeling accomplished on days when you get some good writing in. I feel much the same way. These past several months struggling to write have made me feel just lousy, like I haven't been productive at all. In truth, I've gotten other things done, but still. Best of luck putting those finishing touches on your story!

Laura Marcella said...

The world is thawing!! Just a week or two and those temps will be permanently up. :)

I've had Fablehaven on my to-read list for a while. That list just keeps growing! I need a thousand lifetimes to read everything I want, haha.

Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines