Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

"What's Up Wednesday" is run by Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk, and is an awesome weekly bloghop that gives readers and writers a great venue to keep in touch through the magical world of blogs. Come hop with us!*








What I'm Reading 

Here Be Monsters! It reminds me very much of Dahl, but longer. I love long books. 


What I'm Writing 

Sent off the first few chapters of the MG to Fabulous Agent Natalie. The next few chapters are getting rewritten from the ground up. I'll be jumping in on that tomorrow :D 

What Inspires Me Right Now 

Ugh. I've been in a slump. Cooking, for starters. I've been slowly building up my repertoire, partly for healthy eating reasons and partly because I just think we should know how to make food. I managed to get way into adulthood without knowing how to make much of anything that didn't come from a package. So it's been an adventure of trying new things, which I should add I usually eat myself, as my son is very picky ( he eats lots of healthy foods, just not new healthy foods.) and my husband eats soda, bacon, cinnamon buns, cinnamon bears, coffee and for the past month, Cadbury creme eggs in that order. You would think he would be obese on that diet, or at least chubby, but no. He's built like a jockey, and spends most of his day at the computer editing films. I spend most of my day at the computer or sewing machine, and unless I count every calorie and get up and run around for 45 minutes a day, I quickly start looking like the Stay Pufft marshmallow man.  


What Else I'm Up To

Spring Cleaning! 90% of the flower beds are raked out and trimmed. my closet is cleaned out, and it looks like its about time to repaint the kitchen and living room.    

What's going on out there in the rest of the Wednesday World?? 

2 comments:

Miss Cole said...

I need to engage in some serious spring cleaning myself... Which is what the weekend will have to be for :p

Good luck with the revisions :D Have a great week!

Erin L. Funk said...

Oh man, I hear you on the cooking and the spring cleaning. Both are things that really need my attention but just aren't getting it. Best of luck working on your "Big Reveal" chapter and pushing on past the halfway point in your revisions! :)