Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

*"What's Up Wednesday" is run by Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk, and is an awesome weekly bloghop that gives readers and writers a great venue to keep in touch through the magical world of blogs. Come hop with us!*








What I'm Reading 

Nothing at the moment. Waiting for books to arrive in the mail. (If we had a local indie, I would shop there, but I'm in the sticks, and I love the internet. It sends books to me. How perfect is that!) 


What I'm Writing 

Still revising the MG. The goal was to get to the halfway point last week. I didn't make it. I'm still carefully making my way through the chapter right before the halfway point. It's a Big Reveal area that needs to be super awesome, and not become an info dump. So care must be taken. Much, much care. 

What Inspires Me Right Now 

Adding miles to the running shoes. We had a few days of lovely, glorious, sunshiny weather with blue skies and real hopping, chirping robins, and then... Snow. Yes, in the third week of April, I went jogging in a snowstorm. Boo. But, after way too many weeks of not keeping up with the running, I'm back out there, getting hitting the pavement and setting up the roster of fun runs I plan to do over the summer. I seriously love those goofy theme 5ks. Color Run, Electric Run, Foam Fest, you name it, I want in.  


What Else I'm Up To

Just trying to focus on writing. I want this revision done before school lets out, because with the kid home, and Mr. Cate and I both working from home most of the week (he leaves occasionally, I'm pretty much bolted to my office chair) these are my last few weeks of true peace and quiet until next fall. These are the days I can read, write and sew at my own pace. 

What's going on out there in the rest of the Wednesday World?? 

3 comments:

Miss Cole said...

Jogging in a snowstorm?! Wow, I admire your dedication.

Good luck with the editing. Have a great week!

T. Drecker said...

That snow is being mean this year, but glad to hear you're ignoring it! Wow, jogging anyway is impressive.

Good luck with editing :)

Mia Hayson said...

Woohoo for running! Even if in snowstorms!

Good luck with the revisions.

<3