Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

"What's Up Wednesday" is run by Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk, and is an awesome weekly bloghop that gives readers and writers a great venue to keep in touch through the magical world of blogs. Come hop with us!*







Happy Wednesday! I managed to get here a little earlier this week. 

What I'm Reading 

Still reading Zadie Smith's NW. There hasn't been a lot of reading time this week. 

What I'm Writing 

Finished the latest revision of my MG manuscript! Huzzah! This was a reconstruction round. There will be a lot of cleaning and polishing to do on the next round, but for a few days, at least, I am letting that one simmer. Which means I spent yesterday outlining a new project, of course. It's actually a manuscript I started last year, that is still a collection of ideas and a few rough chapters. Now that it's all sorted out, it's time to jump in and turn it into something. 

What Inspires Me Right Now 

Open windows! We have pretty extreme seasons here, normally. Shockingly cold winters, brutally hot and sticky summers. But this year has been cool and breezy. Lots of sunny days with all the windows in the house open, enjoying the scents of the flowers under the living room windows, the sounds of birds and kids and puppy dogs in the neighborhood. Usually we have to wait until fall to get perfect weather like this. 


What Else I'm Up To

Making sea slugs to send to France! Never thought I'd get to use all those words together in a sentence! 
One of my favorite things to make for my little Etsy shop are nudibranches, or sea slugs, though they're not entirely slugs. They live everywhere, they are shockingly colorful, and they are surprisingly fun to make into plushies.  And the people who are in the market for sea slug plush are a very fun bunch to know. Divers, sailors, museum curators, little kids with big vocabularies, and my most plentiful customer - boyfriends of marine biologists. Happy to help, guys ;) 
This is a real animal, Felimare californiensis. 

4 comments:

Miss Cole said...

And a very adorable plushie it is, too :D

Good luck with the editing and plotting ^_^

Have a great week!

Leandra Wallace said...

One of these days I am so going to have to own an original Lily creation. You make the neatest stuff!

Morgan said...

Ooooo… congrats on finishing the latest round of revisions!!! Gah. Best. Feeling. EVER…

ANd holy… you are adorable. What fun creations! I'm soooo not cool like that. :)

Anne Marie Schlueter said...

Awesome about your revisions!! And good luck on the ones you have yet to do. . .=)