Wednesday, October 8, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

"What's Up Wednesday" is run by Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk, and is an awesome weekly bloghop that gives readers and writers a great venue to keep in touch through the magical world of blogs. Come hop with us!*






So, it's Wednesday again, and today started off great - for about ten minutes. I'll get to that below. 

What I'm Reading 

I'm still working on Film by Marisha Pessl.  But I also stumbled upon the Lockwood & Co. series by Jonathan Stroud while at the bookstore this weekend with junior. Sooo I had to pick that up too.   

What I'm Writing 

Almost done with the revision of the MG adventure. I'm in the last 40 pages or so (word and chapter counts are changing daily) And I want nothing more in the world than to spend the rest of the week with my manuscript. But alas, bills need to be paid, food needs to be consumed both by myself and by the child and husband, and parts of the house occasionally need to be tidied up for the sake of living like civilized people. The words "writer's retreat" have never sounded more heavenly than they do right now.  

What Works For Me  

Oh good gravy. Nothing. A Time Turner would be nice. Or a household staff. I'll take either one, just to get the massive workload done so I can concentrate.  

What Else I'm Up To

Well, one of those things happened this morning that is inevitable, but non the less disheartening. Our dear oldest cat, Lola, who is somewhere around 17 (we adopted her as an adult stray, so we'll never know her exact age) and still phenomenally spry, took a turn for the worse the past few days. Now, and old cat being slow and lazy is a tough call. Is she just old? Or is she actually ill? The last time she was at the vet and had her blood work done, she was in perfect health for a very senior cat. This morning it was obvious that she needed some medical attention. The vet decided to keep her overnight, and run some tests. It may be a simple infection, and it may be something serious or more chronic. For now, we wait, and spend the first night without our dear girl in 15 years. We went through this before a decade ago, and that time, our kitty never came home. And that made me feel the worst. Not that our cat had a sudden unexplained illness, but that he had to spend his last night in a cold cage at the vet's office, and not in his warm home with his family. As least I was with him the next day when it became clear that treating him was not helping him, but leaving them in someone else's care - even the super competent vet - is still terribly hard. 

So, here's hoping the rest of the WUW world is having a better day, and hoping for good news tomorrow. 

1 comment: