Friday, April 3, 2015

It's A to Z Time!

So, it's been a kind of nutty month for me (details soon, I promise) and there's no way I can keep up with the A to Z challenge this year (again, boo) it is still a fantastic way to find new blogs to follow. There still may be time to join, if you get moving like, right this minute, but go. Now. Go Here. And then come back. 

Are you back? Great! 
This has been a movie heavy week. Why do I watch so many movies, you ask? Well, it's the nightly ritual of Mr. Cate and I, once the little son is in bed, and we pry ourselves away from our many projects, to watch a movie. Neither of us really watch any tv anymore, at least not regularly. We don't even have cable anymore, as no one was watching it. We do, however, both loooove movies. This past week, we even made it out into the world of the normals and saw It Follows in a real live movie theater. 
I actually liked it more than Mr, and horror is really his thing. Oh, and romance. He really loves almost any movie where love happens. Exhibit A - Twilight. I hadn't actually seen any of the films before the original appeared on Netflix recently. 
So, we watched it. And then the next night, we found New Moon on Amazon. And then Eclipse. And Mr. has actually asked when we're watching the other two. And I'm realizing that it would have been a blast to see those movies at the midnight screenings, with a packed house of superfans. At least I'll know for next time (oh yes, there will be a next time. You won't know when, and you won't know where, but the next phenomenon is right around the corner, just wait) 
Can you guess what it is? What will be the next humongous ginormous thing?? 

Film Count 2015 : 76
Watched this week:
(*not first viewing)

The Armstrong Lie
What If 
It Follows
New Moon
Eclipse
Breathe In
Save the Date
This Thing with Sarah



Things that are technically TV shows even though I only watch them streaming on the computer: 17
New this week:

Doctor Who 

Books of 2015 : 14
New this week:

Impatiently waiting for Scorpio Races to show up. It is rushing through the night to get here, I am assured by UPS tracking. But still. I want to read NOW.  

Things I am Eagerly Awaiting in 2015 
The new Noah Baumbach movie, While We're Young. And the Rolling Stones at Summerfest. 

No comments: