Monday, June 8, 2015

Halfway Point of 2015 - Already

We've reached the halfway point. There are less days left in the year than we've already spent here. The last six months of every year seems to move a little bit faster for me. 
But so far, it's been a tremendous year here. 

Mr. Cate has been working on long list of film projects, some of which are starting to finally wrap up, and adding new ones every day, it seems. Everything looks very promising there, so far. 

I have writing related news which I cannot share yet, but it's been well, well worth the wait on this wandering journey of mine. 

Our 17 year old cat looked like she was getting ready to shuffle off this mortal coil, but somehow, after suffering a stroke, dental surgery, and going partially blind, she is still with us, and looking better than ever. She's become much more sociable and friendly in her golden years, and we'd love to have her around to celebrate the big 18 in six more months. (and 19, 20, 21... she can stick around forever, if she likes) 

We had, for the first time in my lifetime, a Triple Crown winner this past weekend. It was every bit as thrilling to see as I had hoped, every year that I've watched since I could remember. 

I've kept up with my list of films and books so far for the year pretty well. I wanted to have finished a bit more reading by this point, but I've had to prioritize writing time over reading time while my current project demands it. I should have the current revision done by the beginning of July, which means time for a break, and maybe a week of just me and some new books. 


And now, back to the manuscript. 
How about your year so far? Going well? Not so much? There's always time to turn it around :) 

Film Count 2015 : 118
Watched this week:
(*not first viewing)

Spun
The Words
50 Shades of Grey
Kiss of Death
The Shawshank Redemption*
Shopgirl
Big Eyes
Blade Runner
Monsters University
The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby Him
The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby Her
Snake Eyes
Before I Disappear
Winter Passing
Kiki's Delivery Service
The Blues Brothers*
The Others*
Welcome to the Punch
Cop Land
Inglorious Basterds*
Spring Breakers




Things that are technically TV shows even though I only watch them streaming on the computer: 18
New this week:

Nothing.

Books of 2015 : 20
New this week:

Books 2,3 & 4 of Catherynne Valente's Fairyland Series

Things I'm Looking Forward to in 2015 

Jurassic World (taking my kiddo to the ginormous screen for that, obvs) 
Yorgos Lanthimos's The Lobster

2 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

Are we halfway... already? I think I'll stop counting. Good for you for keeping track.

Lily Cate said...

It completely snuck up on me! I went to check the calendar and bam! June.