Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The First Bee of Spring


Forget the robins. It's spring when the first bees return, because bees mean - Flowers!
And the first fat, fuzzy bumblebee of spring appeared this week, as I repainted the front deck railings.
It's time to open windows (yay) and pull weeds (boo).
I know a lot of people love this time of year, but I remain ambivalent. I love seeing the new plants, getting back out in the garden, seeing the world outside again. But something about springtime always makes me feel as if I'm not getting enough done. There's suddenly all this Outside work to do, as well as Inside work that gets put off in the winter doldrums. And these are the last few weeks of school before kids are back for the summer.
I always love having my son home, and I always get a bit down when school starts up again in the fall. Right now, though, I'm in Finish All the Writing mode, because there are only a few more weeks of quiet mornings, and I need to make them all count!

What about you? Does spring somehow awaken that flurry of motivation to Do All The Chores, and Make All the Things?


Film Count 2015 : 97
Watched this week:
(*not first viewing)

The Book of Life*
The Boxtrolls
Avengers : Age of Ultron
Moonstruck* 
The House at the End of Time
The Sad and Lonely Glow
The Lost River
Rush
The Judge


Things that are technically TV shows even though I only watch them streaming on the computer: 18
New this week:

Under the Dome

Books of 2015 : 17
New this week:

The Last Wild
The Bone Gap
(Intended to start a re-read of His Dark Materials, then realized that I lent out my copy of The Golden Compass, and whoever has it, well, still has it.) 

No comments: